My Local Birth Services in the Bay Area :
- My doula services in the South Bay and the Peninsula include:
- 4-6 prenatal coaching sessions with my client; a series of 4 to 6 prenatal meetings that allow us to know each other better, and to build our working relationships. During these coaching sessions I will facilitate clarity about your strengths, motivation, belief system around birth, and possible areas of challenge. We will distinguish truth from myth about birth, and will reduce your fears or concerns. During these meetings I integrate coaching conversations, breathing and positions practice to facilitate optimal fetal position, relaxation, guided imagery and writing an affirmation.
- Being a reliable and knowledgeable resource and on-call for your birth 24/7 from the moment you hire me.
- Providing continuous support throughout your labor and birth, beginning at home and transferring to the hospital if these are our preferences, or during a home birth.
- Facilitating the bonding process with your baby and your first nursing experience in the first two hours following the delivery if possible.
- Conducting one home visit to facilitate closure, answer questions, reduce any source of stress around postpartum and recovery or baby care.
- Childbirth education classes – a combination of 3 meeting with the couple in the comfort of their home and my DVD , “Practicing for an Active Birth – The most comprehensive Hands-On Guide for a Healthy and Active Birth”
Contact to schedule a free consultation:
I believe that every childbirth is a transformational event in a woman’s life. As we give birth to our babies, we give birth to ourselves. Something new is born within us; a new understanding, a new strength, a new being or a new faith.
I also believe that in its essence, childbirth is a challenging experience for the modern woman; Its unpredictability, the fact that it involves pain, being a long process that demands physical, mental and emotional strength and stamina, and the fact that it is in conflict with our cultural inhibitions, for all of these reasons and others it is not as natural for women nowadays to give birth in a ‘natural way’, and hence there is a need for thorough preparation and professional support through the experience.
In this respect I see childbirth as a life event that demands women to perform in a way much different than their everyday life, and therefore I choose to conduct prenatal coaching sessions with my birth clients. Integrating my coaching skills, I lead women to better perform in birth; to cope well and achieve a faster progress in their birth experience.
My Doula Box of Tools:
- Breathing techniques
- Emotional support
- Coaching conversations
- Informing and resourcing about birth
To Healthy births on Earth!
My Career Path
I have had the most fulfilling career as a professional in the field of birth support. I am committed to lead women towards a healthy, safe and empowering birth experience. I am a certified Birth Doula and Childbirth Educator, as well as a certified Hypnotherapist and a Life Coach. I work and reside resides with my family in Campbell, California. I am a mother of three girls, ages 20, 18, and 10. During my 16 years of practice I founded a doula support program in a major hospital and a birth resource center. I also directed two birth resource centers. I led hundreds of childbirth education classes and workshops, and supported hundreds of couples throughout their birth. (To learn more about my education and experience click here.) For the last six year I have been teaching doula training programs and professional development workshops and webinars for doulas with the goal of integrating coaching skill into the doula practice.
In November 2012 I launched my DVD Practicing for an Active Birth, The Most Comprehensive Audio-Visual Guide for an Active and Healthy birth, which since then was endorsed by PAMF, and is sold successfully on Amazon and other stores. (To watch a clip click here) In November 2013 I founded Birth Coach Method online classes and training programs for birth doulas and aspiring ones.
It gives me great sense of fulfillment to be able to mentor birth doulas as coaches all over the world, and continue fulfilling my call to empower and lead women through healthy and active births.
“A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform”
( Diane Mariechild)