This lesson is the second in our Hands-on Series, in which each of the 4 lessons 4 to 7, is dedicated to a different phase. It will teach you the best labor support tools and coaching techniques to use when supporting a client in Active phase.
Here is what you can expect to learn:
- Become familiar with the physiological and emotional symptoms of active phase of labor in order to recognize when your clients reach this phase: understand pelvic stations, engagement, internal rotation, and more.
- Choose the right labor support tools and coaching techniques to support the progress of labor in this phase; breathing techniques, visualization, relaxation, massage and positioning.
- Help your client cope with the intensifying contractions that are part of this phase, and help her overcome moments of crisis.
- Understand fetal positions and their impact on your client’s progress and contractions pattern.
- Posterior baby – how to recognize and what can you do in order to fix it.
- Asynclitic baby and how to fix it.
- When is a good time to head the hospital?
- How to help your client nest in L&D.
Please note: You’ll have 6 weeks access to the class after registration.