Birth support continues through the postpartum period. There is an obligatory one postpartum visit that you pay your clients at their home, preferably as soon after the birth. Sometimes there is a need in more than one visit. the goals of birth support through postpartum are:
1) To conduct a coaching session in order to facilitate a positive closure around the birth experience.
2) To answer questions and fill in the gaps regarding the birth and sometimes about emerging issues regarding baby care or breastfeeding.
3) To make an assessment of your client’s well being, and by this, we mean the level of support she has, her physiological healing and her emotional state.
In this lesson, we went far beyond providing you with the basic knowledge of postpartum changes and concerns, and we even included coaching tools around unexpected outcomes like the loss of a child or the loss of the dream of a healthy perfect child.
Here are the topics that are covered in this class:
- Supporting the physiological recovery of your client after the birth.
- Postpartum emotions.
- Types of Postpartum depression.
- The Edinburgh postnatal depression scale.
- How do you provide first aid support to the client who shows symptoms of PPD?
- How to deal with unexpected outcomes.
Please note: You’ll have 6 weeks access to the class after registration.