We encourage you to think about birth as a process, and to be patient while allowing the body to do what it needs to do in its own pace. We also want you to know that birth has distinguished stages and phases that are different from one another in their physiological and emotional symptoms, in length and in terms of birth progress. Labor contractions feel and behave differently in these distinguished phases and therefor they call for different types of coaching tools, labor support tools and comfort measures. Birth coaches analyze the progress of the birth relying on the symptoms of these different phases, the mom’s reactions to them, and in accordance with the time frame. This lesson is a must if you want to be able to analyze your client’s birth, use your tools appropriately, and together with your client make good decisions during birth.
Here is what you will learn in this lesson:
- Recognizing pre-labor signs; lightening, mucus plague discharge, flu-like symptoms, nesting, show and more.
- Understand contractions: frequency, length, intensity, location, interval, false vs. true labor contractions.
- Rapture of membranes: types of, safety rules, risks involved, guiding your client.
- The role of the doula in postdated birth.
- Natural ways to invite birth to begin.
- The importance of recognizing the phase your client is in.
Please note: You’ll have 6 weeks access to the class after registration.